Beyer-Barber Company has served as consultant and actuary to one of the
largest self-insured teamster and employer sponsored health and welfare plans
in the country since that fund's inception in 1955. Since that time our health
and welfare practice has expanded to include self-insured and insured plans of
corporate, municipal, and not-for-profit clients.
The services we offer include:
- FASB ASC 715-60 Actuarial Valuation and Reporting Disclosures of
postretirement health and welfare benefits for our corporate and
- FASB ASC 965 Actuarial Valuation and Reporting Disclosures of
postretirement health and welfare benefits for our multiemployer clients.
- GASB 74 and 75 Actuarial Valuations and Disclosures of
postretirement health and welfare benefits for our municipal clients.
- Incurred But Not Reported Reserve Determinations
- Hours Bank Reserve Determinations
- Extended Eligibility Reserve Determinations
- Self-Funded Health and Welfare Plan Rate Determinations for Active,
Retired and COBRA participants
- Cost Containment Analyses
- Healthcare Provider Reviews
- Medicare Part D (Prescription Drug) Attestations and Creditable
- Request for Proposal for Healthcare Vendors
- Analysis of acceptability of new employer groups for acceptance into
- Studies of cost impact of benefit design changes
- Data mining and development of Informatics reports